If you grew up eating the standard American diet, you may never have experienced what it’s like to have your body humming along like it’s capable of. Being healthy is so much more than living longer or staying thin; it effects how you experience every moment of this life.
Here are some of ways that proper nutrition can help you physically:
- Weight- Eating healthy food is key in maintaining or attaining the right weight for your body.
- Boost energy- Healthy food keeps the thyroid and adrenals running properly, which helps you maintain energy throughout the day, without having to lean on coffee.
- Improve performance- Putting the right fuel in the tank can help your performance, on the job or in athletics.
- Improve recovery- After your workouts, your body needs to restock fuel and rebuild muscle tissue. Proper nutrition helps it do so quickly.
- Lower pain- Some pain can be simple matter of nutritional deficiency
- Improve skin- The skin is one way the body rids itself of toxins. A clean diet leaves less for the liver to clean up, and allows toxins to be removed before they reach the skin.
- Improve allergies- Food allergies and insensitivities can lead to a wide range of symptoms. Some foods will make seasonal allergies worse.
- Immune function- Your immune system depends on nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin D, and zinc to work correctly. Probiotics are also key to a good immune system. With the right nutrition, sickness should be a rarity.
- Libido- Low sex drive is often a reflection of overall health. By improving diet and stress management, it can return to normal.
- Aging- Good food won’t make you live forever, but it can make you live longer and better by slowing the aging process.
- Disease management- Most diseases and conditions can be improved with a healthy diet. Some examples are diabetes, IBS, arthritis, dementia, cardiovascular disease, asthma, GERD, insomnia, depression and osteoporosis.